Celebrate Teeth at StorytimePRINT PAGE
Children need healthy teeth.
As you interact with children and families, you can also help get kids off to a good start with their dental health.
We know it can be tricky to get kids excited about taking care of their teeth so let’s have some fun during storytime.
We've compiled some handy resources that can help kids learn about teeth, how to brush well, and about visiting to the dentist. This collection of storybooks, songs and activities, aims to actively engage young children in fun, play-based learning around their teeth, the important jobs they do, and how to take care of them.
Help kick off a conversation about teeth and dental health with a special storytime session.
- List of storybooks
- Fun craft activities
We’ve also included some handouts to share with families.
- Share our storybook ideas with families or feel free to make up your own
- ’6 TIPS to help your kids brush’ - tips for parents
- Apps and videos to help encourage kids to brush
- Tooth brushing chart/s - color or black+white to color-in
- Bedtime Routine chart
- 'Free dental visits for children' - information handout
Celebrate teeth with children and families during Dental Health Week!
Dental Health Week is 5-11 August 2019, and is the perfect time to celebrate our teeth — and the wonderful jobs they do.