This specialist department performs the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of disease or injury in the tooth roots and surrounding soft tissue below.
- Tooth pulp damaged due to decay, disease or trauma.
- Specialist endodontic care will not be provided for second and third molars unless they are strategic teeth (bridge abutment, only remaining second molar in that quadrant)
Prerequisite for referral:
- completion of all general dental care
- completion of the RDHM Endodontic Referral form
Care required prior to referral:
- Before referral, the interim restoration of the tooth should be durable, overlaid and of a nature that precludes coronal leakage.
- The tooth must be able to be isolated with a rubber dam
- There should be an individual dentist who the Endodontist can speak to, who is responsible for the overall management of the patient, including placement of final restoration
- Emergency care should be provided by the referring clinic if required whilst the patient is waiting for specialist care at RDHM