Smiles 4 Miles 4 Organisations / AgenciesPRINT PAGE
How can your organisation support Smiles 4 Miles in your local area?
DHSV partners with and funds a range of local organisations such as local government, community health services and primary care partnerships to implement Smiles 4 Miles.
As a local Smiles 4 Miles partnership site, you are responsible for engaging and supporting early childhood services to implement oral health promotion activities and achieve their Smiles 4 Miles award.
Priority is given to areas where children have a higher than average risk of developing oral disease. When considering where to fund the program, DHSV takes into account factors such as socioeconomic demographics, access to dental services and fluoridation status.
Figure 1: The Health Promoting Schools Framework and the Smiles 4 Miles program.
For more information, or if your organisation is interested in participating, please email the Smiles 4 Miles team.
Smiles 4 Miles framework
The Smiles 4 Miles program is based on the Health Promoting Schools Framework. This framework provides a supportive environment for learning and health through three key areas- curriculum, partnerships and school environments.
Smiles 4 Miles offers a simple, evidence-based framework to create an environment that supports the health and wellbeing of everyone in the service.
It helps services put in place simple strategies to promote good oral health and healthy eating habits among children, which supports and enhances existing structures, programs and practices.
These organisations are currently participating in Smiles 4 Miles
- Albury Wodonga Health
- Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
- Ballarat Community Health and Hepburn Health Service
- Banyule Community Health Service
- Bass Coast Health
- Bendigo Health
- Central Gippsland Health Service
- Cobaw Community Health Service
- Colac Area Health
- Corangamite Shire
- East Wimmera Health Service
- Echuca Regional Health
- Community Health @ GV Health
- Grampians Pyreness Primary Care Partnership
- Inner South Community Health
- Inspiro Community Health Service
- iPC Health
- Lower Hume Primary Care Partnership
- Mallee Track Health and Community Services
- Maryborough District Health Service
- Merri Community Health Service
- North Richmond Community Health
- Northeast Health Wangaratta
- Northern District Community Health Service, Boort District Health and Inglewood and District Health Service
- Numurkah District Health Service, Cobram District Health Service, Nathalia District Health Service and Yarrawonga District Health Service
- Plenty Valley Community Health
- Southwest Healthcare
- Sunraysia Community Health Services
- Swan Hill District Health
- West Wimmera Health Service
Click the [+] to reveal the list and [-] to close.